COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program
The MN Covid-19 Housing Assistance Program Highlights:
- Income must be at or below 300% of federal poverty guidelines, with a preference for those that at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.
- Eligible utility expenses include gas, electric, water, sewer.
- Propane is currently not an eligible expense but Minnesota Housing is taking it under consideration.
- Phone, cable, internet are NOT eligible expenses.
- Other utilities may be approved, on a case by case basis, by Minnesota Housing.
- Only expenses incurred on or after March 1, 2020 and before December 20, 2020 are eligible.
- All payments are made directly to the utility provider, not the tenant.
Learn More: COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program
Additional information regarding the program:
- Minnesota Housing Clean Energy Specialist Katherine Teiken is the state contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General FAQ's including information on income limits and what is covered: http://www.mnhousing.gov/sites/np/covid19housingassistanceprogramFAQ
- United Way 211 can help with eligibility questions: http://211unitedway.org/
- Application Portal to apply for the program: https://www.housinghelpmn.org/